Pre-Adverse & Adverse Action letters are located within the C4 Operations Background Check Services system for your convenience.
These letters are pre-populated inside the system with the applicant’s name, the client’s name, and C4 Operations Background Check Services’ information. Therefore, if an applicant has any questions or if they want to dispute anything on their record they are directed to C4 Operations Background Check Services.
According to the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission), if an employer decides to take adverse action (for example, not hiring an applicant or firing an employee) based on information in a consumer report, they must first provide the applicant or employee:
- a notice that includes a copy of the consumer report relied on to make their decision and
- a copy of “A Summary of Your Rights” under the FCRA.
C4 Operations Background Check Services clients can access this Pre-Adverse Action Letter in our system of which includes the above notices to provide to your applicant or employee.
Next, it is generally recommended that an employer wait five days in order to give the applicant an opportunity to dispute anything within their record. If the record is disputed, C4 Operations Background Check Services works with the client to see what happened, to review the research, and correct the record if necessary and/or applicable.
The second notice must be sent after the employer takes adverse action. The employer must tell the applicant or employee (orally, in writing, or electronically):
- that he or she was rejected because of information in the report;
- the name, address, and phone number of the company that sold the report;
- that the company selling the report didn’t make the hiring decision, and can’t give specific reasons for it;
- and that he or she has a right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of the report, and to get an additional free report from the reporting company within 60 days.
Again, C4 Operations Background Check Services clients can access this Adverse Action notice that includes all of the above information to provide to your applicant. It’s a good idea to review applicable laws of your state related to consumer reports.
The best part is, with C4 Background Check Services, there is no cost for this service.
Please call our office and speak to one of our representatives if you have any questions. 888-519-6283
C4 Operations Background Check Services offers 24 hour, 7 days a week customer support.